Monkmania

Singer 211G165 Or 211G255?

I've narrowed my search of my first machine to these two.

I am having a hard time getting alot of information with regards to the difference between the two.

Would any of you have any insight?

Thanks for your time and effort in advance.

Well according to ISMACS, there is no 255 so it may be a 155. But looking at the specs, they are basicaly the same machine. The thing to look for is the one with reverse, unfortunately niether has reverse. The 165 has the longer needle system, making it more capable of sewing thicker materials, (3355/ 135 x 17). The 211 g 166 has reverse, and that is a serious plus. I have a 111 w 155 and it is built like a tank, but no reverse. Check out the ISMACS site for more info.

Thanks for the info Gump. I have been searching for a 111W155 but have been falling short. Had one and then the seller backed out. I've decided to buy a 211W155 cause the price is right with the hopes that the 111w might show up one day. I do think the reverse option is great to have but seems I can't find one in my price range. We'll see if I can manage without. The 111W155 really is the machine I want, but for now I just want to get creating. Thanks again