MuddyClearWaters

Singer 153W104 Bobbin Tightening ?

So I recently purchased a singer 153K104. It's seen some serious use and probably a few less than enthusiastic mechanics. I paid a mechanic here in town to replace the timing belt, fix a broken guide part in the vibrating presser foot bar and set the needle timing. I was able to sew for about 20 minutes with 2 layers of 2 ounce chrome and 1" of foam between before shit hit the fan.

The hook is grabbing the thread and then instead of passing it over the top of the bobbin and completing the loop, it is becoming wound around bobbin case and then jams between the case and the rotating hook right underneath the beveled top. The bobbin case and assembly itself is very loose and has play vertically as well is in all directions.

I've got both the user and parts manual but I'm not seeing a diagram for the removal or tightening the actual bobbin itself. Any help on locating the set screws to remove the play in the bobbin assembly would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like a very worn hook or bobbin case. There is no screw for tightening. You either have to replace the bobbin basket or the entire hook. But first I´d check if the timing and the needle position is correct.

If the 153 manual is not helping then the Consew 227 manual (download link) is worth to check.

Edited by Constabulary