I had a "repairman" in to work on my pfaff 1245, and he either died or skipped town...with him went the small gear that is attached to the spindle (under the bobbin)...the threads for the keeper screw were stripped and he was going to re-thread it. I cannot find the gear for sale and the parts list does not show a part number for it...if anyone has a spare gear, I need the one with the hole large enough for the spindle to fit in (spindle is 11mm outside diameter). If anyone has this gear in their spare parts box...I would be very happy to buy it or trade something for it. Without the gear, the machine will not run ! Thanks in advance for any assistance. If anyone has an old pfaff model 1245 that is shot and would be good for parts only...I would buy that also.

artie in miami email asmith1@dadeschools.net

I had a "repairman" in to work on my pfaff 1245, and he either died or skipped town...with him went the small gear that is attached to the spindle (under the bobbin)...the threads for the keeper screw were stripped and he was going to re-thread it. I cannot find the gear for sale and the parts list does not show a part number for it...if anyone has a spare gear, I need the one with the hole large enough for the spindle to fit in (spindle is 11mm outside diameter). If anyone has this gear in their spare parts box...I would be very happy to buy it or trade something for it. Without the gear, the machine will not run ! Thanks in advance for any assistance. If anyone has an old pfaff model 1245 that is shot and would be good for parts only...I would buy that also.

A local shop that I use is "Sewing Machine Service" in Renton, WA. You could call them: (425) 255-8673. They can send you parts I'm sure. Good luck, that's a nice machine! I have a Pfaff 545 high-lift that's working GREAT for me.

Artie,

Call Southstar in Nashville. 800-288-6739, try to find a part number for them to find. At least it's a gear, not something that "never" breaks.

Also Universal Sewing Supply 1-800-325-3390 in St.Louis, lotta parts there.

Art

Hi Artie,

There is a place over in North Beach I think, He's kind of a last resort because his prices are really high, but if all else fails try him at 305 354-8060.

Art

Artie. I have my Pfaff 1245 manual in front of me with part numbers. I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to but near as I can tell the part number you are after is

11-330-964-15 (X4)

This is the part number for QTY 4 grub screws that are on the spindle under the bobbin race. Again not sure if this is what your actually after. I have the complete parts list here so If I can be of any other assistence please don't hesitate.

Barra

Hi Barra,

I think he needs the Gear and Screws.

Art

Artie. I have my Pfaff 1245 manual in front of me with part numbers. I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to but near as I can tell the part number you are after is

11-330-964-15 (X4)

This is the part number for QTY 4 grub screws that are on the spindle under the bobbin race. Again not sure if this is what your actually after. I have the complete parts list here so If I can be of any other assistence please don't hesitate.

Barra

Ok. lets see how this goes.

the gear part number - 91-141 536-90. The 2 interconnecting cogs appear to be under the same part number. The schematic of the gears also has a small box with 40/4 with arrows pointing to both of the gears (the horizontal and vertical ones). Not sure what this 40/4 refers to.

Barra

Hi

I am truly sorry to read about your misfortune.

try calling this company in North Miami Beach:

Pfaff Industrial Sewing Machine company. 16501 Northeast 15th Ave. ~ N. Miami Bch., FL-33162 ~ TEL.: 305 354-8060 ~ USA 800 890-1217

EMAIL: indsew1@aol.com ~ www.miamisewing.com.

I believe the they can help you.

By the way, they say they have an inventory of over 22,000 used industrial sewing machines.

Artisan