Stadler

Juki Lu-562 / 563

Hello. I am hoping someone can help me. I have a Juki 562 or 563. (Not sure) there are no tags attached. But it does not have a reverse bar. Is there any way to reverse stitch without it?

Thanks for your time in advance

Could have been set up to have a reverse peddle. Is there a shaft coming out the side under the hand crank wheel? Or underneath... maybe an arm with a hole that could have had a chain attached?

Ray

Picts. might help.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the response. I will post pics when I get home tonight. Yes there is a hole where it should be. Not certain about the rest you mentioned. Hopefully the pics you need will assist. If it were set up for one, is there a way to add the lever?

Thanks again

Stan

You could just turn your material around.

This is a different type of machine but its is the same idea. The smaller pedal is attached by a chain to lift the presser foot or stop one of the needle stops in a double needle machine, so you can turn a corner. The same set up can be used to pull the reverse. I had this type of set up on my gathering machine. Unfortunately I laid the head back without disconnecting the chain first and broke the pedal in half.

post-26842-0-48479200-1424465622_thumb.j