franktoau

Flesh Side Of Tandy Royal Meadow Sides - Is It Smooth?

I am planning to buy some Royal Meadow sides, but need to know if it is smooth or not.

Could you share some experience? I tried searching, but didn't find anything related.

And I didn't find any picture of the flesh side.

Many thanks!

Most of the Royal Meadow that I have seen and used has a fairly good flesh side. However I have seen some that were a little fuzzier then others. If you can get to a Tandy your best bet is to hand pick what you want. If you can't get to a store try calling the store and asking them to pick out the best one with the smoothest flesh side. Royal Meadow is their premium brand and most of the time is pretty decent.

because the RM leather is expensive, a lot of it has sat around a long time. As a result a lot of it has sunburn spots. make sure you tell them to pick you a piece that is burn free on the front

as well. If you're dying it dark, it won't matter but If you are leaving it natural you probably don't want a two-tone piece of leather. cheers!