LoneWolf1973

More Unknown Tools

Ok...here I go again...found a few more. I bought a few leather tool lots from ebay and they arrived today. Most of the items are what I knew I was getting and paid for. There are a few items I am questioning though. All in all it was well worth the money though.

This time I'm using my tablet since I'm in the shed...lol.

A. I think is a piece of junk.

B&C. I.m not sure but I think it might be a gouger.

C. Just showing this off...a few were in a lot and thought they will look good on a purse.

post-48901-0-90829500-1428014079_thumb.j

post-48901-0-92349900-1428014140_thumb.j

post-48901-0-88789000-1428014167_thumb.j

post-48901-0-97625600-1428014182_thumb.j

Edited by LoneWolf1973

B&C look like it might be a lino cut gouge.

il_570xN.244727322.jpg

By looking at your picture I think you're right.

What material is A made of? It looks like it could be a laboratory spatula, for transferring and weighing out small quantities of powdered chemicals, but they're usually made out of stainless steel or nickel

Looks as thought there could be some engraving or stamping on the central 'body'. Try cleaning it up with fine abrasive paper, or just giving it a wash.

For years in hardware & craft shops you could get a set of cheap Japanese carving tools like those shown. Besides the gauges the set included chisels & angled blades. I picked up a couple a year or two ago at a car boot sale (similar to US flea market or garage sale) for pence.. Cleaned them up & sharpened them; they turned out quite good.

zuludog...I will try that...see if I can clean it up to read it...just got these lots today and still going thru them. I was able to make out USA on it though.

Edited by LoneWolf1973

Your second photograph are small wood carving tools. I actually use them for filigree leather work.