Redhairing

Can This Leather Bag Be Saved?

Making a messenger bag with 4-5 oz. English bridle leather and as I am sewing the body right sides together, I am feeling like it will be impossible to flip/invert. I went gung ho on stitching pockets all over both sides of the piece and now it is stiff as a board. It probably wouldn't flip even without all the extra leather as it is narrow and the leather while flexible, has a very rigid surface.

If I try to wrangle it, will it destroy the surface?......or should I pull out the side stitching and saddle stitch it back up flesh sides together with raw edges? Please see photo. UGHHHH.post-43095-0-98742000-1428547138_thumb.j

Edited by Redhairing

Not an expert here but it looks nice enough that I would do whatever needed to save this. likely you will have to remove some stitches,

I agree with wishful. In the end, it doesn't take too much time stitching it again.

thanks for the replies. I took out the stitches, sewed just the bottom box of the gusset inside out and sewed the sides seams flesh sides together....looks good. Every new leather purchase presents a learning curve and I guess that's why I love it!

Yes, it seems 'learning the hard way' comes natural to me too. Lol