rdb

Sleigh Bells Ring

Not showing off here, just thought I'ld make a few of these up to try at the flea market. I saw a few bags of bells ( 1" and less ) at zack's and thought hmmmm.

I just pop riveted them on to the straps. Most of this leather stock were scrap cutoffs from belt straps and such. Bells were around 15 cents, I think.

I'm hoping to sell a few at $20-25, maybe more or less, we'll see. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea if you are going to do any shows over the next few weeks to add some of these to the inventory. You could make them fancier, or even simpler with no buckles, etc. Weaver gets some good wholesale money for these, and the suggested retail is around $40 (with bigger bells-1.5")

I know I think they are festive, maybe some of your customers might too.

HPIM1498.JPG

HPIM1499.JPG

HPIM1500.JPG

post-5140-1227210711_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1227210722_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1227210730_thumb.jpg

I made a few years ago. I put one on my front

door as a door bell. Funny thing is only smart

butt kids use it for what I intended. Everyone

else pushes the button on the door bell that

has not worked since 1967. Oh my brother

rings the ships bell I have mounted next to

the front door.Silly me I laced the bells on

mine.

WINDY

That's pretty funny Windy!...ding dong

There are a couple variety of bells with different fastening methods. The ones I have only have a hole at the base..perfect for 1/8 rivets. The "authentic" kind have a pushed out tab/flange/whatchamacallit on the base. Traditionally they were attached with a small piece of wire that slipped under the the tab of the bell, and got bent behind the strap. I think they would probably sound best if wired properly, because they have a less restricted attachment than a rivet set tight...dunno for sure, but that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

I make these once in a while. I put a 3 inch ring on it so they can be hung on the door knob. Ive got one on my door so no one can sneak in on me lol. looks very nice rdb Bronc