theoregoner

Is This The Firmest W&c Leather?

Is English Bridle Leather the firmest leather that Wickett & Craig make? I'm looking to have some of their leather skived down to 2oz, and I'm curious if any of their other leathers will be more firm/durable at that weight than their EBL.

How do the Show Harness, Traditional Harness, Oiled Latigo, and Skirting compare?

(I had some samples coming, but I think they must have been lost in the mail :( )

Thanks! :cowboy:

I have some 2/3 of their skirting and its incredibly strong. I also just split their bridle to 2/3 for a bifold that im working on and it is a little more stretchy than the skirting.

W&C English bridle is quite firm, but it must be repasted and finished if split or it becomes stretchy like anything else. The backs are a substantial reason the temper is so rigid.

The vegetable tanned tooling and skirting also needs to be pasted.

W&C's split samples are slow because they're not in stock like the rest of their swatches. They get made for you. It takes a couple of weeks.