smirak

Possible Clicker Alternative

My wife's a quilter. A few years back, she bought a product called AccuQuilt Go to help her cut multiple patterns for her quilts. The AccuQuilt is a pressure roller that you sandwich your fabric between the cutting die and a cutting mat. Roll the handle and it pulls the die/fabric sandwich through and cuts the fabric. Anyway, I thought I could maybe use this for leather cutting repetitive patterns like billfolds, key fobs, etc...I went to the website yesterday and their specs says it will cut through one layer of leather. I instant chatted them asking what the thickness of that layer of leather would be...they didn't know. What do you do? You go home and try it out on your wife's machine...it cuts through 2-3oz like butter. I doubled up the 2-3 oz and it didn't miss a beat. I've got some 8 oz at home that I'm gonna try next, and I'll repost back. I also emailed the company about a custom die and I'll advise too. I have 0 affiliation with this company, and if I didn't already own one, I probably wouldn't go this route. But, if you can talk your wife into getting one for her, then you can use it for double duty...

www.accuquilt.com if anyone is interested.

Just thought I'd share.

Kevin

It looks a quite interesting system.

Out of interest, does your wife know you've been playing with her cutter? ;-()

Phew!! :-()

With machinery, the quest for the maximum material that it will process usually stops when you bend something (like a roller). On production equipment, testing to failure should be undertaken (notice choice of word) by the manufacturer. Seldom will something tested to failure be included in the product warranty.

Art