MrsDragon

Dürkopp Adler 269, Pfaff 145 Or...?

Hi,

I'm brand new here and I hardly know anything about sewing machines. The more I read, the more confused I get..

I'm looking for a machine to be able to sew double layers of 6-8 oz leather, and I want to use a thicker thread. Any thoughts on these?

- Dürkopp Adler 269-373 6 mm (from what I get this is a great machine. But is it too great, or do I have to step up to this type of machines??)

- Pfaff 145-H3-6/01 BLPN (pretty cheap, but will it do the job? Comes with an added motor)

- Seiko SLW 8 BL

Any help appriciated!

Thank you

Edited by MrsDragon

Hi,

I'm brand new here and I hardly know anything about sewing machines. The more I read, the more confused I get..

I'm looking for a machine to be able to sew double layers of 6-8 oz leather, and I want to use a thicker thread. Any thoughts on these?

- Dürkopp Adler 269-373 6 mm (from what I get this is a great machine. But is it too great, or do I have to step up to this type of machines??)

- Pfaff 145-H3-6/01 BLPN (pretty cheap, but will it do the job? Comes with an added motor)

- Seiko SLW 8 BL

Any help appriciated!

Thank you

Hi,

The Pfaff 145 come with three pressurefoot-lifts:

H1 and H2 machines can get 7mm under their foot,

H3 machines will do 11 mm and

H4 machines do 14 mm.

Needle length and needle system changes accordingly from 134 via 134-35 to 190.

Then there is the A to D classification:

A is for light materials,

B for medium,

C for medium heavy and

D for heavy stuff.

L says it's set up for leather

N designates 6 mm stitch length (4 stitches per inch).

Not sure about the P ;-)

So, your machine should be able to do it with ease. I have a Pfaff 145 H2-B with needlesystem 134. It has a pressurefoot lift of 10 mm, 5 mm stitch length and will do two thicknesses of 4mm belt leather with buttery ease even without a leather needle.

HTH

Greets

Ralf C.

P means it has 4 motion drop feed. M means it has a safety clutch but almost of them have safety clutches now so you almost never see the M on Pfaff model tags now. S means it is for cloth.

glenn

Thanks so much, both of you!! I would never had figured this out on my own..! :)

I've been cheating: https://www.universalsewing.com/tek9.asp?pg=parts_pfaff

Greets

Ralf C.