Jimdad

Here's A Free Template For Stamping Design

Hey Folks,

I have started creating a template for quick & easy mockups of ideas, and just added a few stamps at random. I'll have to inventory & add the ones I have, but in the meantime I have made the template public. Anyone can view, but you'll need to have a gmail account so you can copy into your account & edit. https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1to5e_FX7RnWwzFGXz6jGsBmVG56h90aIFTvhzOTnzTg/edit?usp=sharing

The really convenient thing about google draw is that if you want to keep making copies, you just hold down control while you drag the stamp, and just drag it to where you want it to go. Along the way it will show where it alligns with the centers & edges of other objects in the drawing. What you see in the template now only took a minute or two or clicking around.

I'm willing to entertain requests for stamps to add to the template if you give a link to the stamp you want, but no promise on my turnaround time. For anyone interested in adding stamps on their own copies, I've been creating these from vendor images by using the program Gimp, which is similar to photoshop but free. In Gimp, I add a transparent alpha channel, select the stamp area I want to keep with a 5 pixel "feathered" edge, invert the selection, and cut out the excess. Some refining is necessary on stamps that aren't a perfect square, rectangle, or cirlcle. I then crop to the stamp area I wish to keep, export to .png format, and add to the template. For simple stamps, it only takes about a minute. For the 3d stamp in the template, it took maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

For carving, I haven't tried this yet, but I figure line art created in the template might work a bit, or uploads of drawing, I don't think those would work as well as the stamps do since the stamps are actual images of stamped leather.

Here's the link, fope it proves useful!

Still adding stamps, but here's a screenshot

Edited by Jimdad