Hawk Scarbrough

Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Find Wrong (Left) Handed Shears?

I'm a lefty (wrong handed, south paw.....etc.) I would like to find some good leather shears. Right handers, please don't tell me they are ambidextrous, they ain't.

Pretty sure Ned Flanders has 'em at the Leftorium over at the Springfield Mall. *GRIN*

Bill

Google 'left handed shop' and there are several references. In particular there are

https://www.leftyslefthanded.com in San Francisco and Florida, but they do mail order

https://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk They have an American supplier

Although they might be a bit like overkill, you could consider aviation snips and tin snips, they look as though they could be ambidextrous

Edited by zuludog

Thanks Guys I will research all of your suggestions. Maybe I can find other lefthanded items as well. Why the grin Bill? Many people would be surprised at how many everyday things you use are actually right handed. :surrender:

There are two makers of scissors left in the UK (Sheffield) and I can't remember the name of the companies right now, but a quick google search should do the trick. But I'm fairly certain that one the companies make left handed leather shears.

Good luck

Edited by simontuntelder

Thanks, I will check them out. I am U.S.A. by the way. The main trouble with many places I look at is that the shears are called "ambidextrous", but are not. When a lefty uses sissors or shears, the cutting edge must be on the right side so that he can see where to cut better.