slowgoat

What Did I Find And Bring Home?

I found this machine sitting in an upholstery shop that was closed due to health of the owner. Sews like a dream even it is pretty dirty. I cant find any info online but the previous owner bought in 1982 and it was his primary machine. I will attach photos but it is a Chandler Chandsew 100RB. I try to make small bags and purses for the wife and daughters, wallets and learning to upholster furniture. Anyone have any more info on this machine? I would like to get additional feet in the near future. I already have a Consew 226r and Adler 30-15 but for the price i didnt pass this one up.

Thanks

Shannon

post-48626-0-59877700-1449589236_thumb.j

post-48626-0-90603500-1449589239_thumb.j

post-48626-0-09593200-1449589243_thumb.j

post-48626-0-39453600-1449589246_thumb.j

Looks similar to the Singer 16-188 in terms of its independently adjustable top and bottom feed. http://partsbooks.sewingmachine.com/Chandler/DY337,100RB.pdf

Thanks I will look into that. I appreciate it.

After looking at countless sites and images of different sewing machines, I think the feet on this Chandsew 100rb are nearly identical to ones sold for the Consew 205rb and juki DU 1181. I will have to measure mine and possibly order a set to compare and test. I wanted to pass this info along in case someone else finds one similar and starts researching like i did. Thanks again for the reply and i will update this post when i get more info.

Shannon