Uwe

Need Help Measuring A Long-Arm Durkopp Adler 205-370

I made a table attachment for the normal/short version of the Durkopp Adler 205-370.

I'd like to make longer variants to fit the long-arm versions of that class of machines. I hoping I can crowd-source some measurements.

If you are lucky enough to have one of these (and have a few moments to spare) could you please take a measurement for me? Measurements from clones are welcome, too (Cowboy, HIGHLEAD, etc. )

I need to know the distance between the mounting hole in the arm near the body and the two mounting holes on top of the mounting platform near the needle. I took two pictures that hopefully explain what I'm looking for.

I put an M5 screw in the threaded hole on top of the arm close to the body and made it stick up 20mm, roughly level with the mounting platform:

post-56402-0-77944700-1449973001_thumb.j

... and measured from the center of that bolt to the line I drew centered between the two mounting holes. In my case that measurement is 253mm (25.3cm):

post-56402-0-29947800-1449972992_thumb.j

If you're able and motivated to take the same measurement on a long-arm version of the 205 and post the results here (or PM me), I'd greatly appreciate it.