mdbrickell

Suggestions Please

I am pretty new to wet forming myself but saw that no one Had offered any suggestions so I thought I'd let you know what I've been doing. First of all make sure the leather is very wet. I put my leather under warm water until all the air bubbles stop coming. Then I lay it over my form. I staple a paint stick down on the outer edge on one side. Then I start stretching and darting my leather. This all takes time. You have to give the leather time to strech to the form. You're gonna mess with it, let it settle, then mess with it again and again. After I get it close, I flatten it down with paint sticks and let it settle and dry some more. Mind you I will check it several times by opening and closing the form to make sure the folds are where I want them to be. I will try to figure out how to show an example

Edited by catstamp

I don't often mold leather but it just so happens that I'm working on a molded leather pouch.

The video series so far. Still more work to do.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQtTNBOy6Ky_wFZb3Bccf60Wp6Rq-3r6d

Edited by snubbyfan