OLDNSLOW

Need Help With A 206Rb1 And Have Read Most Of The

earlier posts about timing the machine, as a side note I have been having a medical issue the last couple of days so I hope someone here can help clear up the confusion. As far as I can tell and my son has been helping we think the timing is ok (but), the needle is not raising up to miss the rotor hook and getting stuck at that point. Now I did have a big (my bad) just recently and broke the rotary hook and replaced it with a new one. Once getting the new hook install we went through the process of checking the timing and from what we can tell all is set right with the exception of the needle getting stuck. Is it that the needle bar needs to be readjusted or is it possible to be more than that and we need to go back and reset and recheck things.

Hope the above makes sense, I am still under the weather and hope to have the meds to fix it soon.

Thanks

O n S

Aka

Ron

If I got you right you expect the needle bar to stop at a certain point when it is rising? Needle bars do not stop on rotary hook machine they are constantly moving up and down. On patcher sewing machines like 29K or 30-1 and some post bed machines like the 34K the needle bars stops for forming a loop with the top thread but this is not the case at the 206RB.

no that is not correct, what I am saying is that when the needle travels down it is getting caught by the rotary hook and jamming, it will not travel any further. The rotary hook can no longer continue to spin and the needle can not continue to raise up due to being again caught by the hook.

Okay sorry - got it wrong. I only could imagine that the hook needs to be repositioned on the shaft. Maybe you have received a wrong hook. Some times there are just small details that differ. Please post some pictures of the hook / needle situation or maybe a short youtube video.

A quick example - these 2 hooks assemblies look very identical at a first glance. Even the bobbin case is interchangeable but hey have different hooks. The hook tip on the left hook is 1mm higher. You will probably notice the difference.

post-31854-0-15616600-1451378652_thumb.j

post-31854-0-62662300-1451378655_thumb.j

Edited by Constabulary

Well after removing the new hook I did find that it was the wrong part, however after speaking with cowboy Bob and thanks Bob, I was able to remove the basket from the wrong part and install it in my original hook housing, the timing seems to be correct so later I will determine if it is all ok now. It was a good learning experience, although Bob didn't have a new basket in stock I did discover that that is a replaceable part so there was knowledge to be garnered from the entire ordeal.

There are thousands of hooks that look very similar.

Just to make life difficult some the cross references - even from good suppliers - sometimes have the wrong information. For a common machine like the 206 it is more likely the supplier just made a mistake or the wrong part was in the wrong bin. It happens, we all get it wrong sometimes.