Scala

"russian Leathercrafting" - New Magazine In English E-Version

"Russian LeatherCrafting" journal begins to make its english e-version!

We begin subscription now!

It will be 6 numbered issues and 1 special issue. Every 2 month and special issue in July. First issue will publish about Feb,14. We'll write announces of articles here.

Cost of annual subscription - 12 USD or 11 Euro. If you interest to subscription e-mail me to scala@list.ru. I'll give a little form and payment properties.
All annual issues will send to your e-mail after publishing. You can subscribe during whole year.

This is our #1 cover of this year.

We work 1 year. But our last issue are Russian only. In 2015 was published 4 numbered and 1 special (Weapon and Leather) issues.

In the journal you'll find a wide range of article - about art history, interest leather events in a world, any How-to, patterns, the painting lessons, stories about any leather crafters. We publish photos of your products if you want to show them to other masters.

In Russian-speaking world we have about 500 subscribers. If you interest russian 2015 journals too you can write me to scala@list.ru. Our #0 pilot issue is free. I'll glad to send it to your for sample.

Journal published in 2 version. "Light" - has monitor resolution (72 dpi) for pictures and photo and size about 10 Mb. "Heavy" - has print resolution (300 dpi) for pics and photos, size about 50 Mb and it can't be printed. All pattern are vector and have same quality in both versions.

My own English is not good, but translation will be make by professional translator :)

We hope you'll get much interest things from our magazine!

Chief Editor

Eugene Solomin (Scala)

post-21925-0-00287300-1452961024_thumb.j

Edited by Scala

Exciting news.......Best of luck!

If you want to stay out of hot water with trademarks and copyright laws, you may want to rethink the background image in that cover photo..........

Hello,

Can you give us some idea of the contents of your magazine and the average number of pages?

It will be interesting to see what you guys in the East find useful and interesting, and how you do things.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by alexitbe

If you want to stay out of hot water with trademarks and copyright laws, you may want to rethink the background image in that cover photo..........

Yes... I thought about it... This cosplay was inspired by Star Wars. I needed any allusion to it. Maybe there is some idea how to do it by other way? I thought to write in the journal about copyrighting of cover picture.

Hello,

Can you give us some idea of the contents of your magazine and the average number of pages?

It will be interesting to see what you guys in the East find useful and interesting, and how you do things.

Cheers

Alex

Yes, sure! I add some pages from Russian version, You can see the design. Our magazine has 68 pages. And the future ones too. We write about our masters, art history, how-to's, handmade tools, Tips-Top (10 little tricks), test-drives (leather, tools, chemistry and other), comparative analyzes tools and other... I'll publish announces of articles #1-2016 here. And now - covers and pages russian issues.

post-21925-0-62964600-1453050408_thumb.j

post-21925-0-80127400-1453050437_thumb.j

post-21925-0-73521000-1453050481_thumb.j

post-21925-0-44349700-1453050499_thumb.j

post-21925-0-28862300-1453050512_thumb.j

post-21925-0-79330000-1453050573_thumb.j

post-21925-0-10394800-1453050590_thumb.j

Edited by Scala

First announce of translated article. How to stamp large spaces? I used stamps of Sergey Neskromiy. On the belt, on the back side of purse... And some errors when you stamp a large spaces by irregular stamps like E294. And little test "Find errors on the sample".

First page here:

post-21925-0-69060300-1453301226_thumb.j

Other article in our #1 "Russian LeatherCrafting". This is sequel in "Silk Brush" heading about coloring. Now we write about airbrush and other coloring tools.

Next heading "Lessons of Art" talking simple coloring techniques - overall, background, antique and stain. Plus little article "Rust Stains" from Will Ghormley.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/leathercrafting.journal/

post-21925-0-95969100-1453819938_thumb.j

What is "oxfords"? Where I can use "Derby"? Men's classic shoes in #2 of our journal. Begin research from "oxfords" and "derby". To be continued.... 

And subscription too!

МужТуфли.jpg

56f9527990420_.jpg.c86d1cc145e40f32a0efa

Edited by Scala

Next article - Issue Pattern - Business Women's Bag.

Patterns and full description of assembling.

Сумка.jpg

5703d7b84b888_.thumb.jpg.0b67e8c1db788c7

New articles. ABC - skiving  for novices. And "Silk Brush" talks about logic of coloring. Practice sample is Football Club Barcelona label. And some samples for home trainings.

DSC08394.JPG

DSC08386.JPG

Edited by Scala

New article, new paints from "Shebekino Industrial Chemistry". Water-based covering paints, "AN" series. Test-drive! I work it first time and say all that I feeling!

DSC08419.JPG

#2-2016 English e-version is ready and sent to subscribers! I made a short digest of issue and publish it here. Subscribe and read 7 issues at this year! 12 USD only! #2-2016 English e-version is ready and sent to subscribers! I made a short digest of issue and publish it here. Subscribe and read 7 issues at this year! 12 USD only!

Digest_2_2016_EN.pdf

Next #3 journal: 

The trilogy of articles in #3 about handmade shoes:
1) Continue of article about men's classic shoes - monks, loafers, boots and other
2) From  Verônica Passos - history and handmade process
3) Men Moccasin - I make it first time! And teacher helps me on-line. What is result? I don't know yet!

0335386-21-1.jpg

0335390-2-1.jpg

0335424-5-1.jpg

boots.jpg

chukka-boots.jpg

Pic4.jpg

DSC08529_little.jpg

Edited by Scala

Coloring. I wrote book about it. It name is "50 Shades of Cheburashka". Book is not ready. But how-to from it about shade coloring will be published in next issue. Step-by-step.

_DSC5635_1.jpg

_DSC5642_1.jpg

_DSC5647_1.jpg

We have one more e-book for leathercrafters - Ancient Russian Ornamentation. This is Patterns Pack consist of 20 pages.

It is include 5 book cover patterns, 2 brief cases patterns plus additional ornaments. These patterns are big and complex. Ancient Russian Ornament was took from designs of Ivan Feodorov (XVI century). Ivan was a pioneer of typography in Russia.

And I added little How-to carving the Russian ornament. All patterns used in real things by myself.

Printed book you can buy in LC&S - http://www.leathercraftersjournal.com/product.cfm?product=552 it include 11 durable/reusable 8.5”x11” pre-printed pattern transparencies.

E-book you can find here - https://www.etsy.com/ru/listing/399300903/monograms-passport-covers-patterns-pack - $4 only.

RAO_Pattern_Pack.jpg

RAO_Pattern_Pack_Page5.jpg

In "WorkBench" will publish how-to make stitch pony by yourself. Photos, drawings and instructions.

фото 1_1.jpg