rdf1967

Artisan 1508

Hello all.

Just joined forum. I have beenbuilding holsters for about 3 years all by hand and it was impossible to keep up. So i decided to take my hobby to the next level. I purchased an Artisan 1508 flatbed. I jope and i pray it is the right machine. I stopped doin belts a while back just because it took to much time. I am now in process because of health issues of leaving factory i have woked at fo the last 23 years. I am new tosewing machines but my wife is kind of familiar with them. Anyone have experience with this particular machine? What kind of problems may encounter or any helpful advice please fire them at me. Thanks in advance

Rdf1967

J&R leather Ohio

rdf1967,

Couple of questions.

-How thick is the leather you are using?

-Is the Artisan 1508 anything like the Juki 1508. What are the specs on the machine, i.e. how high is the lift, how thick a thread can it use, etc.

We need to see pics of the machine. That will help to answer your questions.

glenn

Time to close thread i guess lol. I canceled the orderbecause i decided on a cowboy 3200. Just a drive for me(3hours). Picked it up friday in toledo and it is now in my bedroom neside my wifes viking. Cowboy seemed more suotef to my needs and price was fantastic...thank you toledo industrial. So far i love this machine.