Dougster

Source For 206Rb5? (Should I Consider A Different Machine?)

Has anyone had any dealings with Sunny Sewing machine center in Dallas Tx.? They have a Consew 205RB-5 new /servo etc at what seems a good price 1250.

Around 600 less than the Techsew I have been looking at. Tks.

I don't know about that particular dealer, but I do appreciate what people have been saying here on the forum. That is, you can buy a machine from a lot of dealers, and it will probably be alright, but if you buy from one of the established businesses that knows about leather work, they will set up the machine and make sure it works well before sending it to you, and if there's a problem after you get it, they will help you out. As with so many things, the cost of the tool itself will be way less than the cost of the labor/time/effort you spend on it.

The other thing I'd suggest is to check out your local sewing community and see if there is a reputable repair person/mechanic in the area. Someone like that can help you out before and after a sale...

I'm loving this thing! You're right about expensive parts...the stitch length screw and locking lever were trashed, so I looked into getting new parts. $57! I can see why someone might have been using a pair of vise-grips on it. Sigh...

Well, a new 867 will run you $4k to $5k, so there's that.

Art

Well, a new 867 will run you $4k to $5k, so there's that.

LOL, now I feel silly for whining about fifty bucks!

I went ahead and ordered the parts from College Sewing...