dgkfit

Cowboy 3200 Or 4500?

hello, thank you all for your great help on my last question. i am considering buying either a cowboy 3200 or 4500 to sew either #277 or #346 thread into 1680d ballistic nylon fabric. the fabric is 10 oz/yard weight. it is about the thickness of jeans denim. it has been done before by others, and i am thinking about doing it myself. i need the thick thread because my product puts extreme stress on its seams. some say the 3200 can sew #346 thread into thin material, but let's just assume i would sew with #277 with either machine. so, can the 3200 sew better into thinner material than the 4500 because of its lesser lift, or are they both the same? thanks dale

Call Cowboy Bob at Toledo 1-800-362-7397- tell him what you want to do, what you intend to do...he will set you up.

BTW- I am using 277 boded nylon in my CB3200...(top and bottom) I was screwing around the other day and stitched some 3-4 oz leather to a pocket I cut out of an old pair of jeans- worked just fine...fun stuff!