Sepp

Adler Id Needed

Hello gang,

can anyone help me ID-ing this machine, please?

On the pictures it looks like a walking foot machine, which would make it a triple feed, right? Or could it be a dual feed?

I also can't tell whether it's a 167 or 67. Any indication on that as well?

The seller is hard to reach, and a very busy man, so on the phone I didn't really get the info I was hoping for, but if it turns out to be the right machine for upholstery leather, I would like to pick it up as soon as possible.

Does that motor tell something interesting maybe (since it's a consew)?

your help is very much appreciated -Thanks,

Joe

post-69599-0-57670900-1455868432_thumb.j

post-69599-0-90889600-1455868434_thumb.j

post-69599-0-16562000-1455868436_thumb.j

post-69599-0-47506300-1455868437_thumb.j

post-69599-0-75012700-1455868438_thumb.j

Edited by Sepp

It is a triple feed. 67 has a small hook (approx 22mm diameter bobbin) 167 has a large hook (approx 26mm diameter bobbin). Thtas how you can tell the difference when the tag is not present.

Motor is a clutch motor - you probably want to replace it with a servo motor.

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you - I already bought the Jack motor which you recommended in my earlier topic. Ho much do you consider a fair price for this one, provided everything runs smooth?

maybe 300 - 600 for a 67 and maybe 200 more for a 167 - it depends on how the overall technical condition its. Does it need some adjustment or a new timing belt or hook, does it come with additional accessories (feet, needles, guides).

There seems to be a Singer machine somewhere around (i can smell it) - what other machines does the seller have?

Are you from Germany?

Edited by Constabulary

I am from Austria, but I live in the NL - I offered him 300,- and would pick it up tonight...

good smelling senses - I just spotted the S on the table leg :)

the seller is an older gentleman, and has/had a small business in a rural town - they used it for making custom blinds with it. He can't tell what model it is though...

After I bought a Durkopp 239-525, I probably won't need another machine, but the Adler seems to be complete and ready to roll, which isn't the case with the Durkopp.

What part of Germany are you from?

One more question:

that white cable on the back of the machine is for raising the foot I assume? Is it cable actuated with the pad that is being pushed sideways underneath the table?

Or is it actuated by the motor?

Reason I am asking is if it is actuated by the motor it won't be able to use this feature when upgrading to the Jack servomotor.

One more question:

that white cable on the back of the machine is for raising the foot I assume? Is it cable actuated with the pad that is being pushed sideways underneath the table?

Or is it actuated by the motor?

Hi,

no and no. The cable delivers electricity to the lamp. The actuator for the footlift would be your finger. The motor is a one trick pony. It spins with 1400 rpm and that's all. If it does anything else it's broken.

Sew long

Ralf C.

good smelling senses - I just spotted the S on the table leg :)

What part of Germany are you from?

And in picture 2 I can see the pedals - I have a sharp "Singer eye" ;)

I´m from Northern Germany - south of Bremen.

If you pick up the machine please take some pictures of the other machines he has (especially Singers) - if possible.

What rural town is he from - the whole Netherlands are rural (with some exceptions). Is he probably close to the German border?

BTW really look at the timing belt - if it looks cracked be careful, its a real pain to replace it. I did that once and since then I don´t like the Adler 67 class anymore.

Ha, allrighty I will...look at the timing belt and ask about the Singer.

I wish you were right about the rural - in fact the better part of the NL is like a f&*^%$ suburb...but I guess the east is quite rural, yes...

The place is close to the border - a little town outside of Didam. I live in Nijmegen.

I was in Nijmegen for the 4 Daagse once. I remember there was a village called Berg en Daal - it was a pain but I made it! Always wanted to do the 4 Daagse twice but I never did.

Looking forward to some pictures.

Edited by Constabulary

I bought it for 300,- looks really good, and the belt is like new - surprisingly this clutch motor is much more docile than the one the Durkopp. Even I as a beginner can do leather with it.

Regarding the Singer table - it was used for a newer generation overlock machine, so unfortunately nothing for your interest I guess...

Thank you both for your help - I am happy the machine came with that nice style lamp - I'll take that cable on the backside anytime for some good lighting.

Nijmegen, and especially Berg en Dal is located in a nice part of the country...too bad the 4-daagse route goes over less attractive main roads, as it's become so huge...

Also:

can you advise me what feet to look for in order to avoid markings on the leather?

Both my Adler 67 and the Durkopp 239 have a textured underside - are there feet available with smooth bottom, or do I have to sand that texture out?