spongocoel

Double Needle Presser Foot

This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a presser foot with right hand guide for a Juki 3568A double needle machine with 1/4" gauge. I've seen a bunch online (like the S570) that have the guide very close to the right needle. I need something with more spacing: 1/8" or more.

If anyone has any sources or places to look, I'd appreciate it. I'm not expecting a lot of returned calls if I start calling random machine distributors for a $10-$20 part.

I have several Juki 3578A double needles. The only guide feet worth buying are original Juki. The part number for a 1/4" gauge, RH 1/8" compensating guide foot is

40094776. Perhaps if one of our sponsors can get them you can help support one of them, if not Universal Sewing Supply sells them for $69.13. Don't use their online store, call them at 1-800-325-3390. They will sell you 1 foot, no problem. These are really nice guide feet, you won't be disappointed.

Regards, Eric

post-33297-0-69143700-1456876633_thumb.j

Edited by gottaknow

Thanks Eric!

I've got one ordered. Having the part number was incredibly helpful. I had seen that in the parts book, but I couldn't tell what the guide distance was. I appreciate your help.

No worries. That screw on the side of the foot in that picture allow you to adjust the foot front and back, really a nice feature. How is the split needle bar on your machine? Are you finding yourself using it?

My mainstay split bar double needles were the Consew 327 RB1's. We ran about 20 of them for 25 years. The company I work for now doesn't use that function much, so I haven't been replacing them. They all eventually fail if you try to sew too heavy of fabric. (We were a Levi's contractor for 10 years) I have a couple older Mitsubishi's with split bars that I use for sample making and the occasional odd production piece. We sew primarily 24 oz. Pendleton wool and heavy oil cloth.

Regards, Eric

We're just getting started up. We got this machine last week, and expect to get our first full order of fabric in today. (The truck was supposed to be here an hour ago.) We'll be making jeans with impact and abrasion protection for women who ride motorcycles. The fabric is a denim with UHMWPE (like Dyneema) woven in. We're expecting to use the split-bar for sewing back pockets, but it's still experimental for now. Once we get some practice, we hope it will be useful. One day we hope to be large enough for a pocket setter, at which point the split bar might not matter any longer.

When you start using your new Juki, if you have thread breaking issues or skips, don't panic. We bought 30 or so of the new Juki 3578A's and I had to reset the hooks in all but a few of the machines. Also, if you need a really nice needle feed single needle, their new 9010's are about the strongest needle feed machines I've seen. They have direct drive motors as do the 3578A's, a huge increase in torque.

Regards, Eric