Roy Partin

Howdy From Tx

Name is Roy and I am a full time cattle rancher and part time whip plaiter at www.gator-whips.com . I am originally from Florida but moved my family to TX 7 years ago. I plait nylon whips but my interest is growing in leather and rawhide. I think a nice rawhide whip would be really neat and something rarely seen. I recently skinned out a big steer and have a couple of deer hides that I am currently turning into rawhide. Its been a pleasurable learning experience. I also opened a store called Whip Nation found at www.whip-nation.com where I carry a large selection of materials for whip plaiters in both nylon and leather. I am a dealer for Weaver, Springfield, Montana Pitch Blend, Pecard, and Bickmore. I have imported a nice color selection of kangaroo hides for sale, but its killing me to not cut them up in lace and plait a whip. I look forward to viewing the forum and hopefully I get to post up a leather project one day.

Hello Roy and welcome to the forum!

Howdy

Thank ya, glad to be here

Welcome to the forum Roy! Lot's of good folks here, and lots of information on doing whatever it is that you want to do. What part of Tx are you located? My grandson was just racing down there at the AT&T stadium. The little guy had a ball, said the folks down there made it the best.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I'm in Red River County near Paris. I agree, most of the people here are fantastic. They started treating me like family right away