Chris Rathbone

Hello From Raytown, Mo

Hey everybody,

I am recently medically retired and have a lot of extra time on my hands. I decided to try my hand at making holsters. I just got done with my first one for my wife. I am about to start on one for my 1911 and if all goes good, I will start making some for friends. It would be nice to supplement my limited income.

I look forward to all opinions on my work. Im sure I will have lots of questions soon.

post-70792-0-34492500-1457546746_thumb.j

post-70792-0-88989800-1457546755_thumb.j

post-70792-0-75020600-1457546768_thumb.j

Overall very nice! Your burnishing is looking good. I think your stitching looks much better in some areas as compared to others. I think you are losing track of which needles are doing what. Good stitching involves straight runs of holes but then the stitching has to be uniform, meaning you do exactly the same thing every time. Looks like you are going along well then suddenly you drop a stitch.

Suggest looking at any of several tutorials on Youtube. Nigel Armitage and Ian Atkinson are excellent.

Good luck!

Thanks Tugadude,

When I first started the stitching it took me about 4 stitches to figure out exactly how I was supposed to do it, the other mess ups are because I was getting tired while I was stitching and wasn't paying close attention to what I was doing. I did start looking at some of those stitching videos today, and hopefully will be more careful on my next one.

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your projects with us. Good luck