Sign in to follow this  
Mike516

Thinking Of Buying A Manual Embossing Machine. Opinions?

I'm thinking of buying an embossing machine.

I know Bunkhouse Tools sells one. Does anyone have one of these and how well would you say it works?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have one of these and some of the rolls. It works okay, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. The designs transfer alright, but I suppose I'm spoiled on years of hand tooling ;) Likely offering mine for sale in -- oh --- say a month or so.. Got some straps I'm going to run through it first!

Really only "down side" is getting it set right to center the design on the leather, but then you'd have that with any embossing machine / strap cutter / etc. Not that difficult, but easiest way is to set it up and run as many of that type as you need, instead of switching back and forth between rolls. Then again, the sewing machine is the same way... try to do all the black stitching before switching thread ...

Edited by JLSleather

Not a lot of choice out there now that Tippmann and the evil empire have both dropped their embossers.

There are some makers of embossers at the commercial level but you're looking at a lot more money.

However, here is a different one I saw on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Embossing-Machine-NEW-Custom-made-in-USA-/272163084172

Edited by Studio-N

I have one of these and some of the rolls. It works okay, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. The designs transfer alright, but I suppose I'm spoiled on years of hand tooling ;) Likely offering mine for sale in -- oh --- say a month or so.. Got some straps I'm going to run through it first!

Really only "down side" is getting it set right to center the design on the leather, but then you'd have that with any embossing machine / strap cutter / etc. Not that difficult, but easiest way is to set it up and run as many of that type as you need, instead of switching back and forth between rolls. Then again, the sewing machine is the same way... try to do all the black stitching before switching thread ...

Please let me know if you decide to sell it.

Not a lot of choice out there now that Tippmann and the evil empire have both dropped their embossers.

There are some makers of embossers at the commercial level but you're looking at a lot more money.

However, here is a different one I saw on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Embossing-Machine-NEW-Custom-made-in-USA-/272163084172

I saw that eBay one, thanks. I really like the Tippmann one. But unfortunately, as you mention, they aren't an option any more.

I have one of the Amish Embossers as shown by Nick and listed on eBay. Never got around to putting it to use and it is for sale. I have a couple of the brass rolls that are unused as well as some of the bunkhouse rolls. If anyone is interested in purchasing what I have, drop me a line.

When able, I will attempt to get it listed in the for sale section but may take awhile as motion not as good as in the past. Hope to improve and get around a bit soon.

Also listing othe things on Webstore.com under goodthings1 if anyone cares to look at items I was able to place there recently and in the past.

God Bless.

Ray

On 3/22/2016 at 2:21 PM, raysouth said:

I have one of the Amish Embossers as shown by Nick and listed on eBay. Never got around to putting it to use and it is for sale. I have a couple of the brass rolls that are unused as well as some of the bunkhouse rolls. If anyone is interested in purchasing what I have, drop me a line.

When able, I will attempt to get it listed in the for sale section but may take awhile as motion not as good as in the past. Hope to improve and get around a bit soon.

Also listing othe things on Webstore.com under goodthings1 if anyone cares to look at items I was able to place there recently and in the past.

God Bless.

Ray

I responded to your PM Ray, but so far no response. I might be interested, so please reply so we can discuss it further. Thanks.

I have one of the Amish made machines that Nick sells. Very well made machine, change out on rolls is fast and simple. I love that machine.

27 minutes ago, rlpullman said:

I have one of the Amish made machines that Nick sells. Very well made machine, change out on rolls is fast and simple. I love that machine.

Thanks for the review of that machine. Did you buy it new or used? It's a little pricey, double what the one from Bunkhouse is. But it looks real well made and easy to use. If Ray ever gets back to me, maybe I'll have one myself lol.

It is a bit pricey. I bought it new from Nickosew.