Uwe

Juki LU-563-3 sewing Machine Head ($650)

My Juki LU-563-3 is ready to go to market. This is the Subclass 3 version of the LU-563 machine, which offers longer stitch length and thicker thread capacity, but lacks reverse. It has an entirely new thread tension system front to back, and I installed a brand new hook that is the "extra heavy thread" version. In real life, this probably means you can sew size 207 thread. Alas, not a single spool of 207 thread was to be found in my stash to verify. It was not entirely happy sewing size 277 Nylon thread, but I'll keep experimenting a little to see if it will do 277 reliably. Of course it sews size 138 thread without any trouble just like the standard version.

I was able to get the stitch length to max out at around 8.5mm, or 3 stitches/inch. The spec sheet for LU-563 Subclass 3 machine says this version is capable of 10mm long stitches (2.5 stitches/inch). If anybody knows how to dial that in, please contact me.

My local Detroit CL ad is here: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bfd/5576277761.html

I can ship the head for $150 within the continental U.S. in a custom wooden crate. I'm not shipping tables, sorry. 

I made a promo/demo video for this machine:

Man, this thing is beautiful! 

I wish my Lu-563 ran like this. 

I'm only half joking... but would you do a partial trade? I'll bring you my lu-563 and some cash! 

This machine is sold.