Sign in to follow this  
sandyt

Feed motion bell crank lever singer 29k adler 30-1

Hi people,

Can anybody tell me if there is a Singer feed motion bell crank lever that will fit the Adler 30-1? It's a old black one.

I broke mine!? Grrrrrr....... I was dismantling it for cleaning. I pushed to hard on the little screws that act as pivot points. Than I heard the crack. Pffff.......

Now I am looking for a replacement. I haven't found a original Adler. Anyone who knows where to buy one?  But I can imagine it will be very very expensive.

So I was hoping for a singer replacement.

The photo is just an example of the part I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!!

Screenshot_2016-05-16-09-49-25.png

Edited by sandyt

Hi,

I think it will fit. I have been all over these levers when looking for the cause of ultrashort stitches on my Adler 30-1 and could'nt detect a difference. With my machine it was the drivegear that was worn. I now have a complete Adler-30-head to go in the cellar and a very solid double corrugated cardboard box from Sieck that just arrived today with a speed reducer on my right side. If you want it, you can have it. The head or the lever, that is.The head is used, but seems to work fine - I checked it on my Singer 29. On the other hand - if you order parts from college I'd appreciate it if you could order some for me while youre at it. I am a bit reluctant to order a checkspring for 0,85 and pay 11 Euros for postage ;-)

Greets

Ralf C.

Bell1.jpg

Bell2.jpg

Bell3.jpg

Bell4.jpg

Edited by Kohlrausch
Some pictures of what my lever lookes like

As far as I know, there are no generic bell cranks for Adler 30 class shoe patchers.  I think the bell crank for a 29-4 will work better since Adler copied the early  29 class       machine when they created the 30 class shoepatchers.  I believe there is a minor difference in the bell cranks for the 29-4 machines and the 29K  machines.  I know the Adler bell cranks or screwed and pinned where as the Singer's are only screwed on.

glenn