graywolf

Consew 206RB-5 vs. P1206RB

Since starting the thread asking about the Sew Line machines, I have expanded my search a bit, looking at the Consew 206 and 1206 plus the Juki 1541S. I would like to see if what I think is correct actually is, so a couple of questions/

At first glance It seems like the Consew P1206RB is a newer version of the Consew 206RB-5. But after reading the specs closely it seems that it is a lighter duty machine. No safety clutch, shorter stitch (7mm vs 10mm), a bit lighter weight. On the other hand it has automatic oiling, a higher foot knee lift (but not a higher capacity), a built in bobbin winder (that may or may not be a plus, expensive to repair), and is slightly slower. It is also a couple of hundred bucks cheaper.

Do I have all that right?

Anything I missed?

And if I do, is there any reason to think it makes much difference to a guy sewing as a hobby?

Also, is there anything about the Juki DNU 1541S that would make it worth the extra money to me (I am told it has a lot nicer paint job)? 

I was faced with this decision and opted for the 1206 to save the little bit of money. I have a Cobra Class 4 for my heavier stuff and wanted a medium duty machine for the lighter stuff. Shes served me well until I messed with the setting and and going crazy. See my thread I started.  I like the auto bobbin winder and I havnt had any issues with leather type on it.