Lymestone Canyon Hoods

upgraded from singer to Tippmann Aerostitch, wow what a difference.

I have been using a smaller industrial singer for stitching but I struggles with anything over about 1/8"thickness. It will do it but it doesn't like it. Got some inside information recently about a local saddle maker that had retired and wanted to part with his machines. I went over and spoke with him for a good while about what he had and what he wanted. Ended up buying his Tippmann Aerostitch on the spot. Made arrangements to come back in a couple days to pick it up. He demonstrated it for me and I played with it on some scrap leather before buying. Holy hell this thing will sew the grand canyon back together. He was running a 250 needle with 4-something thread and I went through 3/4" of saddle leather without missing a beat. It is air operated and very simple in construction. I love it. Best part of the deal, I went back a couple days later to pick the machine up and he had assembled about five boxes full of "other stuff" including a bucket full of stamps and other tools, sides of leather, dyes, balms and some things that I don't even know what they are for. All freebies as long as I'd use them. Moral of the story, get out and look and you just might find some local makers that have retired and want to part with good stuff. I got a good deal on the machine and the rest made my investment seem small.

Since picking it up I have played with it a bit and really don't know how anyone has made it without one. I had been hand stitching all the heavy leather that I do that the smaller singer won't handle. Now what took two hours to hand stitch takes two minutes. Man alive.

Your a lucky man, enjoy and post some pics of stuff ya dont know what it is. Sure plenty of people here do.