niniquesvk

Slim briefcase from bookbinder leather (with build pictures)

Build process:

http://imgur.com/gallery/sd62q

For some time I was curious about finer bookbinder leather and how would it hold in a bag. Bookbinder leather is made for the different use, so I was expecting some difficulties and had limited expectations from the end result.

I bought two small bookbinder goats and made slim mini briefcase from them.

Bookbinder leather is very delicate, winkles and scratches easy, and usually is sold quite thin. So I decided to use thicker stiffener to give it defined shape I was looking for.

I have to say I quite like how it looks when stretched evenly over stiffener, it has nice texture and is very soft. Will see how its going to hold up after some use..

b1.jpg

Great work and a fellow imgurian!

41 minutes ago, bdunne said:

Great work and a fellow imgurian!

Thanks! Its actually my first venture to imgur under account, was suprised that somehow even commented there

Very nice work, would love to build one for me someday. If I understood correctly stiffener is just a piece of leather, right? (English is not my mother tongue.)

5 hours ago, panchoskywalker said:

Very nice work, would love to build one for me someday. If I understood correctly stiffener is just a piece of leather, right? (English is not my mother tongue.)

Hi pancho, skywalker! Stiffener is cardboard like material that can bend and get wet without loosing shape. Although I have seen people using leather for this purpose.