This is Zoe from China, a freshman in this leather line. I wanna know more about leather splitting machine, for example, what's the main different point about Fortuna, Camoga, and Nippy brand?

What's the different materials for them or which area do they most suitable for? Someone told me Nippy is more suitable for making some sport equipment, what about Fortuna and Camoga? When I need to buy a splitting machine, how can I select one suitable for me? Or how can I recommend a most suitable machine for my clients.

Any comments about splitting machine, will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Zoe

I'm Curious too. I hope someone could answer. For the moment the only think I know it's that are not cheap. :lol:

Hello. I'm Sheila from Switzerland. Personally as it's not always easy to have the leather in the thickness needed, I bought an old Camoga C400 used from Italy. I choose it because I readed that was one of the main brands and it's good. 

I'm really happy with my Camoga I use it mainly on veg tan leather. It works good on all the leather I tried. I'm not so expert on this machinery... But it works as I need. I can also sharpen the blades when needed. I use it mainly to split for lining from about 2/3 mm to 0.6mm, without problem. 

Edited by SheilaOrikawaAtelier