Im new to leathercraft and seem to be getting a few dent and minor lines on my projects when putting it all together,so i was wondering is there any way i can take these dents or scrapes out of the leather after being dyed.

Syd

I to have had troubles with the dents etc, found that I get less, when I take my watch and bracelet off. like to know how to get rid of them also. Darryl

Provided they are light enough, a lot of dents can be pushed out from the back side. You'll need a rounded object so you don't puncture the leather. Scratches, where the surface of the grain is abraided, are much harder- a lot of them are beyond my ability to remove. Little lines, say from laying your hand down on something that presses down on the leather, can sometimes be 'flexed' out, similar to dents.

If a dent is large/deep enough to cause burnishing, that color will remain even if you manage to raise the leather back up. At that point, the only way I know to get it out is to re-case the leather, and wait. You might get lucky and it'll swell out (the burnishing)- as someone else was worried about all the nice dark burnishing lines disappearing when he bagged the project overnight.

YMMV

Im new to leathercraft and seem to be getting a few dent and minor lines on my projects when putting it all together,so i was wondering is there any way i can take these dents or scrapes out of the leather after being dyed.

Syd

Also Watch Fingernails, It seems that no matter how short my pinky nail is it likes to dig in.... :crazy:

Thanks you all your advice and help,will try all the above tips.

Never thought about the finger nails causing the lines,was trying to figure out what caused them,looks like my nails are getting a trimming lol.

Cheers

Syd

Also Watch Fingernails, It seems that no matter how short my pinky nail is it likes to dig in.... :crazy:

Agreed, I allways make sure mine are trimmed/filed before I start working because I have really messed up a few things when wet forming them due to the fingernails making gouges in the leather.

Thanks again for all your help.

After taking note of you tips i tried to getting the dents and scrapes out of my project,and my project is now looking better,i also noticed when i fed the leather it seemed to bring some marks out.

Cheers

Syd