SewNice336

Singer 95-10 Stitch Length Problems

I have a Singer 95-10. I am wanting to change my stitch length to sew some light leather and get a better look. I can loosen the stitch length screw and move the lever up and down. However, the stitch length does not change. It is tight and too close together. Please help.

If you take off the round plate on the back hatch behind the Stitch adjuster. You should be able to look in there with a flash light and see the link from the other side, and as you move the stitch length up and down from the front you should see it moving the link from the inside.  Sometimes the screw or link it is connected to gets loose (or falls out) and then it does not move that internal link it is connect to.

If you haven’t already, remove the needle plate and check for a build-up of lint and gunk restricting the travel of the feed dog.  Watch the feed dog while you hand wheel the machine, to see what kind of movement you’re getting.  Make sure that the teeth of the feed dog comes up above the needle plate (about the thickness of a US dime) so that the teeth are gripping the work good.

I have a Singer 95-40, and the maximum stitch length on mine is 8 SPI, so mine won’t make very long stitches.

CD in Oklahoma

It is unlikely but check the two bars under the machine that drive the feed dogs.

Too much play or a loose connection could be the cause

Thanks for all of the good advice. I will try all later today.