Sign in to follow this  
TinyL

Tooling technique?

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if I can get advice on how to make Marilyn's eyes and eyebrows stand out. I was thinking of stamping them in but I just wanted some opinions on that option or if there was another alternative to explore what that was. The lips will be dyed red and I was toying with the options of dyeing the eyes and eyebrows black but that is still up in the air. Thanks for the help!

TinyL

marilynseat2a.jpg

post-8171-1231083800_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if I can get advice on how to make Marilyn's eyes and eyebrows stand out. I was thinking of stamping them in but I just wanted some opinions on that option or if there was another alternative to explore what that was. The lips will be dyed red and I was toying with the options of dyeing the eyes and eyebrows black but that is still up in the air. Thanks for the help!

TinyL

Hey TinyL

Here is my idea... use a beveler and lightly tamp the lower inside edge and feather off as you get to the arch. Then from the top of the arch on the outside/top side. I don't think I would cut the line but just tamp it in with the beveler.

Trace one out on a scrap bit of leather and see if the effect gives you what ya want. A lil smooth pear shade'n on the inside corner of the eye by the nose up to the brow wouldn't hurt either.

Kev

thanks zilla. I used some of your technique and beveled the eylashes and feathering it out. i then matted the eyes down with the pear shader and it gave me the desired effect that i wanted. thanks for your advice.