SaddleShop

Randall 7S

I have an old Randall 7S lockstitch sewing machine.  This machine is my father in laws and I am trying to find someone who may know more information about this model from the pictures I posted.  The photos show stamped and embossed markings on the machine.  I contacted Campbell-Randall Union Lockstitch and Sam stated that his records do not go back that far but he stated that the machine may be as old as the 1920's.  If anyone can help or needs more pictures to help identify the age of the unit please let me know.  The 2nd photo shows RANDALL 7S or 75.  The 3rd photo shows a stamp of "1833" which I figured is a production stamp.  The 5th photo that shows "302" on the top left has a stamped "L.S. 195" with initials "CS" between the two screw heads.  The machine has no badging identifying the unit in any way just the stamped or embossed markings.  Thanks for your help! 

Body.JPG

Head.JPG

Stamp.JPG

Sideview.JPG

Stamped.JPG

Spool.JPG

Man! It looks a lot like a Tippman Boss?:jawdropper:

Looks like a Union Lockstitch machine to me. I think most of the numbers you're seeing are probably part numbers, the 1833 could be a serial number (?). Wizcrafts should check in shortly and he'll tell you more.  I have one but I don't use it much; Wiz knows a whole lot about a whole lot of machines.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, Barbed Wire Leather said:

Man! It looks a lot like a Tippman Boss?:jawdropper:

Not sure other than the Randall.  Is the tip man boss a model by Randall?

23 hours ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Looks like a Union Lockstitch machine to me. I think most of the numbers you're seeing are probably part numbers, the 1833 could be a serial number (?). Wizcrafts should check in shortly and he'll tell you more.  I have one but I don't use it much; Wiz knows a whole lot about a whole lot of machines.

Thanks for checking out the post.  I'm hoping to hear more soon!