What is the difference between your basic Line 24 snaps and "directional snaps"? I see a lot people state they use directional snaps so that they only come unsnapped when you want to.

I haven't seen these at my local Tandy store.

Directional snaps have an impressed dimple, restricting the direction in which the snap will disengage. In some applications this can be handy in limiting unwanted unsnapping. Made by Dot Fasteners, should be able to locate a supplier with a Google search if you want to try them.

Directional snaps have an impressed dimple, restricting the direction in which the snap will disengage. In some applications this can be handy in limiting unwanted unsnapping. Made by Dot Fasteners, should be able to locate a supplier with a Google search if you want to try them.

The normal snaps seem to have a pretty good hold, unless they weaken a lot over time.

Do you think you need the directional snaps for the loops in IWB holsters?

I use Line 24 and DOT. I'll be going exclusive to DOT for the finish, plus they make several levels of snap (easy, medium, hard) as well as pull the dot(directional).

I prefer pull the dot snaps. They cost a little more but I really feel like their built better, not to mention that it keeps your belt from popping them open. If you buy them in bulk the price is pretty minimal for each holster that you make.