Keefus

All the gear no idea - Noob question

Hi all,

I have recently acquired the basic tools for leather crafting and have purchased an A4 size piece of 2mm veg tan leather from ebay without really putting too much thought into what I want to make. Does anyone have any suggestions what I could attempt to make with this piece that would be fairly simple but also help me hone my skills?

Thank you in advance.

IMG_20170121_135101_952.jpg

One idea you can fit on a A4: a pen holder, wristbands (with lining optional), 2 mm is a bit thin but you can do some tooling if you want to practice tooling too. 

EDIT:

ideas without tooling: pocket knife holster, business card holder

Idea.jpg

Edited by gigi

I would do bracelets. 5/8 to 3/4 wide. Can stitch without lining to practice that. Practice edging and burnishing . Cutting. If you have or get a 1/4 letter stamping set can practice stamping. Line 20 snaps and setter. Can be found cheap on amazon or eBay. Gifts for all your friends and family.

Edited by Mattsbagger

A simple strap that any watch can sit upon by weaving the original watch strap in and out of burnished slits on your leather strap. Prob needs lining with something soft like pigskin suede and some basic tooling on the borders of the strap would look nice.