leecopp

New Seiko STH-8bld-3 - somewhat off topic

So cutting the story short ...  A Craigs List Find where the owner volunteered a price of $800 to get it out of the house (bad family memories). Please believe me that the lady knew what she was doing, understood the deal she was giving me, and that I did not fast talk some poor widow (also very not poor). Seiko STH 8BLD3 .. much like the more common Consew  206RB5, new table with servo motor and foot operated foot lifter .. 

The machine appears to have been only  partially setup. No oil in the tanks, no rubber feet on the table to protect the pretty tile floor.  She did not know how to thread it. So I did a basic walk through with her, oiled a little , sewed a little and gave her a chance to change her mind.  Nope, she was happy that I would get use of the machine. WOW, sometimes it pays to be friendly.

So I load her up and bring her home, fretting about which treadle machine will be moved to the garage.

In a moment of inspiration I found that it dropped right in the Singer 31-15 table top on top of the old patcher  treadle. After swapping out the handwheel for a spare monster Handwheel from a Singer 42-5 the rig sews great under treadle power.  A quick experiment showed 15 layers of Sunbrella sewed fine under foot power. This would not be able to do heavy duty for leather, but will  do just fine for my heavy cloth sewing (and there is always the power table if I need it).

Thought you guys would like to know .. I understand this is a bit weird .. but it works for  me.

Lee

20170205_201851-01.jpg