cjartist

Clean Super Sheen on Natural Veg Tan?

I am making a seat cover and decided that i wanted to keep the color of the natural leather.  So the seat has about 4 coats of super sheen on it and now I am doing some lacing on the edges.  As I work to complete this project, i am noticing some smudges and have made a few scratches in the super sheen and overall this piece is just starting to appear dirty.

Is there any way to clean it up without making matters worse?  Thanks!

a photo would help in proposing an answer for you and try and make it a close up.  What you could try is some saddle soap and water on the area that is showing the dirt then once dry you could try and reapply the super sheen and it might fill in the scratches.

I just took this picture with my phone so it may not be the best.  The scratch mark to the right of the leaf, I actually already applied more super sheen which made it darker.

Smudges.jpg

Just wanted to bump this thread.  I have not tried the saddle soap yet.  Hoping for maybe some more opinions. Thanks.