Sign in to follow this  
shirleyz

Dead head bike seat

How can you make bike seats without the occasional skull? Thought I'd do a seat using the traditional biker dead heads, using tattoo flash.

Skull_Chopper_Seat__2_.jpg

Skull_Chopper_Seat__6_.jpg

Tooled_Chopper_Seat_009.jpg

post-92-1152036559_thumb.jpg

post-92-1152036659_thumb.jpg

post-92-1152036981_thumb.jpg

Hi Shirley,

Your work is really great, as always. Your patterns are different than what I normally see done in leather and I like what you are doing.

There was a guy in Sheridan a couple years ago that did some pictures with a lot of the shading done with a background tool like you did and it is a really nice effect. I saw this year that his picture of Tom Selleck is now hanging in the King Museum in Sheridan.

I am very reluctant to critique your work because you are doing things with a year of experience that I couldn't do with my 30 years of practice! But for what it's worth, I am going to throw something at you. I am wondering if you would double bevel the teeth where they touch the skull if they would look more like they were attached and not sitting on it? I am not saying it doesn't look good the way it is. I have looked at this several times because I like what you are doing and hope I can learn some things from you.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your work!

Clay

Hi Clay,

Sorry for the slow reply, been on vacation. I'll have to give that a try on the next seat, this ones already sealed and ready for riveting. This is the first skull type doo hickey I've done. Picked up a few tattoo flash disks on ebay. Not really sure of how to tool them yet. I think I understand what you're saying though, thanks for the input. Very much appreciated.

Shirley