jakc3

Pfaff 335 breaking needles

Hey guys

I have some issues regarding my pfaff 335 (which I dont use much and don't know much about sewing machines in general). The main issue is that the needle hits the bobbin case and breaks. I timed the hook so the needle is 1.8mm up when the hook intersects the needle. The problem happens when the bobbin case is inserted and the inner part inside the hook part that spins freely isn't synchronized to the needle causing it to miss the hole and hit the bobbin case.

Do you have any ideas what is causing this? Did I fail to time the needle/hook or is it something else?

I attached a picture of my sewing machine and the hook/inner part thingy that is causing issues.

Many thanks,

Jakob

IMG_20170318_221004.jpg.699a072c59f76ef8eb77bf65c0ae43bc.jpgIMG_20170318_221205.jpg.26d2f0488d37b88e2ff355710f85026d.jpgIMG_20170318_221010.jpg.adea3f04750b93fa2643ac4f06457f08.jpg

Jakob,

It appears the issue is the part you are referencing should be held up in place by a small plate that screws into the base of arm. There is a notch that fits into a slot on a plate attached to the end of the arm and keeps the part you have referenced held in position. Here is how mine looks:

notice how the piece circled in your pics is up and held securely on mine. If that part is "loose" it will create big problems. Hope this helps.

IMG_1241.JPG

Edited by Hockeymender

12 hours ago, Hockeymender said:

Jakob,

It appears the issue is the part you are referencing should be held up in place by a small plate that screws into the base of arm. There is a notch that fits into a slot on a plate attached to the end of the arm and keeps the part you have referenced held in position. Here is how mine looks:

notice how the piece circled in your pics is up and held securely on mine. If that part is "loose" it will create big problems. Hope this helps.

IMG_1241.JPG

Thank you for the reply, this was indeed the issue.