alex1811

The tools I use for leather work

Hi there, I have made a video about the tools I use on a daily basis, in my own opinion you don't need so many make great leather goods. I have made a post on my blog about this if you want you can read it here: https://am-leathercraft.com/blogs/news/which-tools-do-i-need-for-leather-work

VIDEO LINK

Share your thoughts and please pardon my not so good English I am French ;)

basic tools for leathercraft thumbnail.jpg

Edited by alex1811

That's a nice video-- your voice is clear, and your brief demonstrations of the tools is good too.
I must say that when I first started doing leather, I had even fewer tools than that! I had an Xacto knife, a diamond awl, and a modeling spoon!

5 hours ago, DJole said:

That's a nice video-- your voice is clear, and your brief demonstrations of the tools is good too.
I must say that when I first started doing leather, I had even fewer tools than that! I had an Xacto knife, a diamond awl, and a modeling spoon!

I think you are right, one can do with a fewer tools than that. The electric creasing iron is quite convenient but also very expensive, it can of course be replaced by a cheaper non electric creaser, veg tanned leather can even be creased with a cold iron...