Boriqua

Spanish Landscape design Holster Set

Here is another one I am posting just because it might help others look harder at things and come up with cool new stuff. Design ideas for leather are all around us so dont feel obligated to do what has been done.I have done this design on pancake style holsters but was working with someone and we came to an Avenger style holster (my favorite) with the same design.

I am posting a link to more pix and you can see where the crazy leg stamp is kind of representing the grey organic tile in one of the landscape images. I dyed it based on the shadows that you see cast from the sun on those same organic grey tiles. But ... the other images have hard lines and one landscape image has a very defined floral edge against hardscape. I took all of this and mushed it into this design.

More pix here

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Gallery/index.php/Leather-Holsters/Spanish-Avenger-set

spanish%20avenger%204.JPG?m=1495585743

Nice work! Couple questions. 

What color dye? (Hope to get that color on the next piece)

Did you airbrush the black around the edges?

15 hours ago, Clintock said:

Nice work! Couple questions. 

What color dye? (Hope to get that color on the next piece)

Did you airbrush the black around the edges?

Hey Clintlock

I am sorry but that color is a combination of colors and techniques I use so you wont find it from a bottle but I have found that if I use Mahogany and then mist it over with burgundy that I get a very similar shade. The color on the throut support is that same mahogany and burgundy. The black is air brushed and there is a very subtle fade from cordovan at the edge. Hard to pick up in the photos but I try most times to have a transition color so its not so hard edged. Most people who get my stuff probably dont even notice but ... I do and think it makes it just a little nicer. I use an airbrush from most anything that isnt going to be a solid color. I will make quick work with a dauber if its going to just be brown or black and such.