I recently bought some unglazed natural cordovan and I was wondering how can I achieve similar results to horween's finish. I googled aniline leather dyes and I came across aniline leatherworld tech dyes. I never heard of them before and I don't see much mentioned about them from smaller leather communities, but than again I am a newbie to leatherwork.

Does anyone have experience with dying cordovan that is willing to lay down some wisdom? Also, what is up with leatherworld tech? Does anyone have experience using their dyes?

Thanks to anyone willing to provide info!

I don't think I will be much help.

Are you saying that you bought an unfinished "shell cordovan"? Shell cordovan takes months to make and as far as I know (and that's not much) it is finished at the tannery. 

I haven't heard of that brand of dye either.

Most people here use fiebings spirit based dye. Also known as oil dye or pro oil dye, or even pro dye.

Hint# pro and pro oil dye are the same formula. They are just now phasing out the "oil" name.

Plenty of experts here that will probably chime in.

I just didn't want you to think we were leaving you hanging.

Good luck and have fun.

Sorry for the late reply! But thank you for the helpful advice. 

I decided to just jump into it and order angelus dye and leather conditioning creams. It worked! The experiment worked well. Hand glazing the cordovan was a work out though lol.