Looks good! Is that airbrushed or block dyed? 

15 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Looks good! Is that airbrushed or block dyed? 

The design was tooled and hi lited,the rest was airbrushed

As easy as it seems, I'm regularly shamed by my airbrushing....yours looks really good.

On 10/6/2017 at 8:48 PM, battlemunky said:

As easy as it seems, I'm regularly shamed by my airbrushing....yours looks really good.

Thank you,perhaps i might be able to help you on airbrushing

I tried to post a few pics but they are too large. I'll have to figure that out and then I'll take all the tips, tricks, and help I can get. Thanks @Sblades76

6 hours ago, battlemunky said:

I tried to post a few pics but they are too large. I'll have to figure that out and then I'll take all the tips, tricks, and help I can get. Thanks @Sblades76

Download the app on your phone to reduce pic size its free lol

@Sblades76 here are a couple of links in case the pics don't load:

20170923_115950.jpg

20170923_120006.jpg

20170923_120012.jpg

https://ibb.co/njfZYw
https://ibb.co/gtbmfb
https://ibb.co/gHmmfb

Thanks for any suggestions and sorry for turning this thread into a help thread....

My main struggle is not seeing artistically. I can "put black stain onto leather" but getting a nice fade or seeing where to highlight and where to leave be is tough for me. I don't even know if that can be taught, the being able to "see" part of it.

My main criticism is that it looks super 2D when airbrushing can make a sheet of paper burst out into all sorts of interesting 3D ways when done proper. This will work for a Halloween mask for wearing to work, but if I were going to try and do some other stuff and charge people money for it, I need to get a WHOLE lot better at it. And from my estimation, getting the airbrushing down looks way easier than trying to resist and dye, resist and dye, etc., to get desired results.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:33 AM, battlemunky said:

My main criticism is that it looks super 2D when airbrushing can make a sheet of paper burst out into all sorts of interesting 3D ways when done proper. This will work for a Halloween mask for wearing to work, but if I were going to try and do some other stuff and charge people money for it, I need to get a WHOLE lot better at it. And from my estimation, getting the airbrushing down looks way easier than trying to resist and dye, resist and dye, etc., to get desired results.

Either resisting and airbrushing takes time and practice,dont kick your self to hard have patience and practice practice you will get there,mask looks good,look at different drawings and what not and work on your shading

20170805_194510.jpeg