mireland

Where to find top load military duffle closure/keeper

Hello all,

This is my first post but I've been appreciative of the knowledge on this forum! I can't for the life of me find the hardware to use with a top-load military duffle. It's essentially a long prong that all of the other grommets fold on to. I can't seem to find the prong (other than a black one from a wholesaler that I don't have an account with) or large enough grommets. After folding over the flaps of the bag, the snap on the shoulder strap clips onto the prong, holding the other flaps in place and closed. There's a few examples I've seen out there and I just want to try my hand at one to use for myself. I've bought hardware through buckleguy but can't seem to find it on his site. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Matt

I too had searched for awhile with no luck.  My son was taking metal shop in high school, so I had him knock a few out for me.  I bought some steel rod, gave him some dimensions, he went to school and knocked out a few for me.  You may be able to get your local high school shop teacher on board to do something similar.  Good project for the kids to learn how to use the torch to heat and bend metal.  Then just finish up the ends, paint them and your ready.