I completed my first holster.  I look forward to the next one.  Overall it fits pretty well.  I made the mistake of attempting to sew this on my sewing machine - 3 layers of 9oz leather- that wasn't a good idea.   After I mangled it up I finished sewing it by hand.  

fitting.jpg

completesm.jpg

"A" sewing machine won't work with leather...but you've already figured that out! Get yourself an edge beveller, and go to town on the next one, this one is a FANTASTIC first attempt. And, hey, it fits! That is by no means a given on the first one, guess how I know? Oh, and the tri-weave stamp is not the easiest one to start on, either. The Ruger has a nice home.

agree with Alpha2. Great first go.   we all learn by trial an error even with all the help on the internet we are able to gain. nothing like walking the walk.... just life lessons have to be learned.  and edge beveler would surely clean up the edges. practice a bit with it first tho.  sewing by hand is great but its tedious. finding the right awl is the key. i still haven't lol.  but I lace most of my things, which is even more tedious,,,, but it sure looks good. and yeah, it fits.