RobsGarage

New guy from jersey

Hey all, 

my my name is Rob. From western Nj (just over bridge from bucks county pa) 

been tooling around a bit on here and figured I’d say hello. (Pun intended) 

ive picked up the craft again recently. My uncle taught me back in the 80s when I was a kid, and then after he passed I didn’t really have the outlet or drive anymore. I’ve been mainly practicing carving and tooling, but I think I’d like to actually make things at some point as well.. I really wish there was a guild or some sort of classes in my area as it would be great to actually learn by seeing others in action NOT on YouTube for once. 

I have a Barry king swivel knife on order, and I was thinking about getting a leather wranglers knife as well.. the Tandy knives I have just aren’t cutting it.. (ha 2 puns in one post!)

anyway, does anyone know if leather wranglers does Black Friday or cyber Monday sales? I’d hate to spend the money then find out its much cheaper a couple weeks later. 

If if there are others from Jersey, I’d love to meet up, maybe start up a once a month thing where a bunch of locals get together and share ideas. 

Here are the items I’ve made so far. 

This was the first thing I did 

E5BC77B5-0B25-44AC-9908-881CA365658A.jpeg

Having difficulty with posting images 

2gt1ci1.jpg

Edited by RobsGarage

Here is my 3rd project the first three I used craft aids to learn. Between the last one and this I downloaded a bunch of knife tutorials and did a lot of lessons. 

2lmmag0.jpg

i then started some non craft aid designs. 

This is is my motorcycle club logo. It was very busy as a design I plan to visit this again once I have more experience.

2hqdmc0.jpg

A couple of tattoo inspired designs I did. 

5wb22e.jpg

2jcetxh.jpg

2j0b9yv.jpg