I had an inquiry today from a current customer for a Colt Cobra holster.  I haven't seen one in person but pictures resemble a J-frame. Does any one know if they are the same? I didn't see any blue gun for it either.

The Colt Cobra is based on the "D" size frame. Similar in overall size and profile to the S&W J-frame revolvers, but not identical (a basic difference between the two is that the S&W is a 5-shot .38 Special revolver, while the Colt Cobra is a 6-shot .38 Special revolver). Also, depending on when the Colt Cobra was manufactured there can be major differences in barrel diameter and profile, as well as exposed or shrouded ejector rod.

Colt Cobra is essentially identical to the Colt Detective Special and Colt Agent series revolvers, main differences being frame material (steel or aluminum alloy) and grip-frame length. But if you are going to make a holster to properly fit these Colt revolvers you will have to have the proper piece to pattern from and form the holster to fit.

There is also the new-production Colt Cobra, which is an entirely new design. I have no idea if it will fit in a holster made for an older D-frame Cobra.